Greetings of Peace. This blog contains selections from my correspondence and other sources on a variety of subjects related to religion, philosophy, and spirituality. I hope that they may be of benefit to the interested reader. Concerning the title of the blog, read this entry.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Sit Down and Think

I once asked a wise man how I should decide what to do with my life. He essentially told me to sit down and think, about who I am, what I can do, what possibilities are available to me, and then to choose. For many years such a decision has evaded me and seemed to propose an insurmountable obstacle. Lately, however, I have come to see the wisdom in his advice. If I can use the intelligence that God has given me to solve difficult metaphysical problems, certainly I can apply it equally well to practical affairs and thereby come to solve many of the problems that life in this world presents. I have decided to use the time that is presently available to me in the consideration of my life as a whole in an effort to examine more thoroughly the answers to those fundamental questions: Who am I? Where have I come from? and Where am I going?

(Continued in My Hierarchy of Needs)

1 comment: